Summertime can be stressful for several reasons. Whether you’re a stay at home mom, work from home mom, or work outside the home mom, when kids come home in the summer things can get a bit more stressful.
Many of us like to spend the summer making travel plans and going to exciting places with friends and family. Sometimes we even forget that the whole point of going on vacation or summer time is to relax and have fun! This week, let’s leave all the stress behind and focus on how to really enjoy your time away, no matter where you’re going or who you’re with.
Here are some fun tips to keep in mind when planning your summer time and how you can make it the most stress-free and fun part of the summer. After all, Ralph Waldo Emerson did say, “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
1. Know what you want. Indecision can be the root of all anxiety when planning a summer excursion. Get clear on what you want, what you’re willing to spend your time and money doing, and with whom you’re willing to spend that time with. When you’re in alignment with your wants and desires, the rest of your planning will come easily.
2. Be organized. Once you have a clear view of what you’d like your trip to look like, do the proper research to find out everything you’ll need for your vacation.
3. Be prepared. Think ahead and make a list of all the items you’ll need ahead of time. There’s nothing worse than scrambling the day before a trip trying to find the proper items you need.
4. Let go of the small stuff. Life isn’t perfect; so don’t sweat about little bumps in the way. Sometimes these detours can end up bringing the most joy in life! Detach from your “ideal” outcome and allow life to flow.
5. Be present. We spend so much time worrying about our vacations being perfect; worrying about if everyone is happy and having a good time. By being fully present to each moment you can ensure happiness and joy throughout your time away.
6. Be open. Allow yourself to be receptive to new people, cultures, and places. Be open to learning and accepting that life has brought you to this place in this moment for a reason.
7. Show gratitude. So many times we get home from travel and feel like we need a vacation from our vacation. Offering up gratitude for the time you had away can make you feel at peace with your journey.
8. Don’t Be Afraid To Stay At Home
With tons of activities happening everyday, a lot of families feel the need to be constantly moving. And while we aren’t telling you to stay inside all day every day, you shouldn’t feel bad about being homebodies. Sometimes, the best way to spend your free time is curled up on the couch with your loved ones luxuriating in the blessings of your air conditioner.
9. Take Some Mommy Time
Go out to brunch with your girls every Saturday, enjoy a few extra long baths, indulge in your favorite books. Summertime should be a time of relaxation and fun for everyone, not just the kids. Remember that you deserve a break sometimes and don’t feel guilty about taking one. Read more on how to get your ME time : https://www.omhealingacademy.co/post/how-to-get-20-minutes-a-day-for-yourself-me-time-not-always-mom-time 10. Find Boredom Busters For The Kids
The more happy, satisfied, and independently busy your kids are, the more stress-free your days will be. Luckily, there are tons of activities out there that will allow your kids to be all of those things right in the comfort of your own home. Create a kids zone with safe and comfort zone that they can play with each other or themselves.
Join our community to receive some creative ideas and easy, fun Yoga for kids on this summer days.
Source: MICHELLE MAROS from peacefulmindpeacefullife